At Attentive Behavior Care we understand the overwhelming challenge of financing a college or graduate school education. Tuition rates are on the rise and it’s becoming that much harder for students and their parents to afford. Although we can’t alleviate the burden completely, we do want to help.
We firmly believe that everyone – no matter their background or socioeconomic standing – deserves an opportunity to go to college and graduate school without going into debt.
With this in mind, Attentive Behavior Care is proud to help defray the rising costs of higher education. We are offering any current college or graduate school student who understands what it means to accept responsibility to improve the mental health community the opportunity to earn a $1,000 merit-based scholarship.
The scholarship will be awarded to the winner of our essay contest. All eligible students, regardless of major, are encouraged to apply. See below for our eligibility requirements and additional details.
In order to participate, all applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be enrolled in a college, university, or graduate school during the 2019-2020 academic year
- Must be in good academic standing with his/her current educational institution
- Must have at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA
- Must have permission from his/her parent or legal guardian if under 18
- Must apply for the scholarship via email to email@example.com and provide all of the following:
- Full name
- Name of academic institution attending
- PDF copy of applicant’s unofficial transcript
- PDF copy of applicant’s essay
- Note: If ANY of these materials are missing, your application will be rejected due to failing to follow directions.
All applicants must submit a 2,500-word essay responding to the following:
Our scholarship is designed for students who deeply understand the importance of caring for others with Autism and other mental illnesses. With that in mind, please discuss:
1) How do you plan to use your degree to help people with mental illness?
2) What do you think is the biggest mental health struggle of our generation?
3) How can you help solve that struggle with your unique talents and abilities?
How Can I Apply?
Eligible students can apply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include the words “Scholarship Application” along with your first and last name in the subject line of your email and attach all of your supporting materials.